Monday, November 17, 2014

Batik

This assignment we were instructed to look at other batiks and prints done on clothing, then we were instructed to create our own design on a poster. We then traced the design onto a piece of fabric with a  paste made with flour, water, and another substance I cannot remember. Then we let the paste dry over night and then painted it the next day with acrylic paint.

For this assignment I created my design by remembering the movie "Tangled". I loved the pattern of the yellow sun with the purple back ground and also how it represented a flower. So when creating my piece I kept that in mind and used flower like symbols and then suns in the middle. Then I used the colors in "Tangled" red, yellow, orange, and purple. I was really happy with how it was turning out. After I applied the paint then I let it dry, after the paint was dry I pealed off the paste and then washed the fabric to remove access paint and let the stain sink in.

For tutorial click here:http://elementaryarteducationjenn.blogspot.com/ and http://theartofkids.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment