Monday, November 17, 2014

Gesture and Contour Line


The picture above is a Contour line drawing. The purpose of contour line drawing to to look at the object you are drawing and with your pencil have a continuous steady flow of the shape and then once your initial shape is determined you start adding darker line on the shape that you determined. Most of us are so used to drawing piece by piece, however with contour line drawings the purpose is to determine the shape towards the end. 

The contour drawing I chose to do is a drawing of my lamp in my bedroom. 

In this picture it is a Gesture line drawing. This type of drawing is similar to what most of us are familiar with by drawing it very precise. It is a cleaner version compared to gesture drawings,

The gesture drawing I did was of my flip flop I wore to class that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment